Saturday, March 9, 2013

Ejoying life


Life is Good!

I know sometimes we all have hard moments and that
you just have to take a breath and stop to see things in 
a better distant perspective but essentially, life is
 Goodness and I am sure you agree!

My move was a bit hard this time, I never had so many things
 as I do now, my art studio and my music studio are
 in my home and they hold a lot of stuff but slowly
I am getting there and mostly, I am enjoying the process, 
seriously, one can have it as one decides and I decided to have 
a good time and enjoy every piece of it, being meticulously about 
were to put things but when I started painting
I couldn`t find anything! I still have to remember were things are!

Still needs work but I had to take a brake and have some rest and paint 
a little yesterday, it`s amazing how much I missed it!  Here is a little peek
 into how it`s coming along, still some boxes here and there...




The good part of this process was:

  1. Removing all the unused and old stuff
  2. renovate furniture and clean deeply
  3. finding things I forgot I had and are super cool!
  4. being able to recycle old canvases, journals, papers, etc...
  5. Finding old unfinished projects and ideas!
  6. Regrouping things that go together, like pencils, charcoals, acrylics, etc.
  7. Finding new ways to use my furniture
  8. removing all the cluster!!


Haaaa!, feels good now that it`s almost done! :D



My kitty is also adapting to her new home, the new noises and places to hide
and sleep, it`s a lot of fun for her too but sometimes scary so I had 
(and loved) to pet her a lot but she`s a brave girl as well, she`s now in an 
adventure checking out my neighbour`s roofs, I just hope they like cats,
I know they like humans so far!


This are one of the forgotten projects, I did a watercolor  painting of this doll
 and made some fabric dolls, they were meant to be sold but I forgot about it!
I should put them in my Etsy! 



All this inspired me to paint and draw about how I feel 
about my home and what it means to me 
and did some sketches, I love this one...



And did a painting about it too, I am naming it 
"A Home For The Soul" 



I love how she`s coming to life, it is resting now for a little and did
 some loosening up exercises yesterday from my class with this faces,
I had a lot of fun but they were finished in the dark so this morning
I find them too yellowish, I might go back to them later...



I believe one can be happy anytime, it`s a decision one makes, at the end,
it`s only your self who decides how to feel no matter the circumstances,
and to be responsible for your happiness, be happy just now!



12 comments:

  1. Your new studio is wonderful! I love the big windows. Always love your paintings, and the art dolls are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica. So happy for your happiness. Love your studio and how you are setting it up. Great dolls. Continue your happiness.::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Che meraviglia il tuo studio pieno di luce e la gioia di un nuovo dipinto che prende forma!!
    Bellalullo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moni! It is very bright and huge! I know you are going to make lots of beautiful art in there. A good clean out is always good for the soul and OMGosh I am lovin' those dolls. Save one for me and send me an invoice, please... how can I not have a Moni doll?! I am glad kitty is settling down to the new digs!
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally amazing new studio! Maybe I missed you writing about this before, but did you move to a new apartment or house? Congratulations either way! It looks much bigger and brighter than before and your studio looks like so much fun! As always, I am moved and inspired by your beautiful art and talent. I hope you never stop creating, Moni! And I want one of those little dolls...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow it looks devine lovely light and so big i know u will thrive in this new studio its so perfect and so u , would love to create there ...oh those dolls how gorgeous they are...
    oh that sketch of your and and the kitty i love it too and cant wait to see it painted .... the large painting is looking beautiful , well now i know what u have been up to my friend and its all good , im so happy for u ....
    hugz bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful space to create !
    I do believe we have all have those times in life we have to follow
    our hearts,perhaps this is one of yours.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderfulm art space Monica. I can understand that you are very very busy with this all. And then also make art, my compliments. But I know also that painting and be creative gives rest.
    Good luck in your new space.
    Lovely greet and nice Sunday
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new studio is so beautiful Monica. Your kitty looks very peaceful in her new setting. Congratulations on your new home and all the new creations that have come forth out of your happy change. I love your drawing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all wonderful and it looks like you have a fabulous studio. I love the big windows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such WONDERS everywhere, such BEAUTY! love it ALL, including your WORDS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very lovely post with many beautiful works along the road, and the portraits are all very beautiful and lively !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!