Friday, June 24, 2011

Make an art journal book!

From the recycled toilet rolls ( earlier post) were you learned how
to make a page to use in diverse projects, I made this cute journal
book using this big punch machine that is meant for the office,
this is a great tool to go through the page wich is very strong!
You can also take the pages to were they can bind them with wire!


 This time I am using music sheet pages from different books and also 
regular books, making a mix, I loved the thickness of some so from
now on I will use more thick pages for it makes the surfice smother,
softer and with more quaity!


The metal rings were found at office depot, they are also meant to be 
used in the office but I found them great for this!  You can also use
some beautiful ribbons or laces to attach the pages, I like them to be 
loosen so if I want to remove them it`s easier! 


Now, to get inspired and paint, write and so...

Happy creative weekend! ;D




Hands and Heart signature

15 comments:

  1. I love the journal, Moni. I keep little journals like that next to me while I'm painting, so I can scrape off extra paint on those pages. It starts a whole little book of backgrounds, and is a great way to use the left over paint :))

    Maisy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the journal,you did a very creative design.
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the journal. I like the recycling aspect of it and the fact that it still looks really lovely as well. I think I'll try making one of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the "ring binder" effect so that the pages can be taken out if so desired. I also love the shape and the texture to this...makes me itchy to create!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Jeanette! I will try and do so too! :D
    Thank you all ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Monica! I have been saving my recycled rolls so have to get busy and create - thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI MONICA, BEEN AWAY TOO LONG. HAVE TO PROMOTE THIS ON MY FB "LIKE" PAGE: vintageterrace2. LOVE THE TP ROLL BOOK IDEA. HOPE ITS NOT TOO HOT NOW WHERE YOU ARE.

    COLEEN IN UKRAINE
    www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so clever Monica...I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super!! Pozdrowienia z Polski :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much everone, I am glad you are inspired! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have made one using toilet paper rolls then inserted little tags..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jackie! You can post this at htp://handsandheart.ning.com so you share with everyone your work! I`ll be thrilled to see what you have created! ;D
    Cheers...Moni.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!