Friday, October 8, 2010

Skelleton paper doll visual workshop


I`ve created this fun skelleton digital collage sheet
and I wanted to use it to create something fun today!

Then I thought why not share my process with you 
and get you inspired?

How about a skelleton paper doll?

So I`ve started with printing my sheet on a regular paper,
 cutting the skelleton  and pasted it on to a cream cardstock, 
this is to make it stronger but you may also print on one from the 
begining or paste in watercolor paper!



Then I cleaned the edges, some parts are very detailed and 
those that I knew were going to be hidden, I left it untoched so the piece
is stronger, the fingers were a bit challenging but I wanted to
to try!


Then I made her skirt, I love my paper dolls to have
fabric on their clothing and I love the fact that I can sew a bit
and this way  make the upper part smaller with a very easy trick:
Two threads joining in the center!
The ends are with a knot so when you pull
it srinks!


And voila! My paper doll has a skirt! :)
Then I sewed the back and folded in the bottom,
you could also use some fabric glue!

Then I`ve made her a chalina it`s a
like a big knitted scarf! For that I used a piece of an old sweater,
I have lots of fabric scraps for this pourpose,
I love the cute button brad I attached to keep it in place!


So far she was great but of course, mexican skelletons 
always wear flowers in the head so mine wasn`t going to stay behind!
She also has some tull on the back as well!



Isn`t she really cute? 

What about some old book cover to display her?
I simply cutted it with a cuter, the color matches perfect for the
theme, looks purple but the rusty parts are lovely!



To hang it I made some holes and used the cropadile to attach 
some grommets, so easy! I love this tool!


Then I simply added a ribbon, I have to say I am not 
happy with it, perhaps something that matches the book cover so
the doll stays the focus, the ribbon is trying to steal the spot light! 
A sheet of soft fabric on the back and she is attached 
with some brads to it, she`s so light it stays perfect!


I hope you enjoyed my mini tutorial and I hope you make 
some skelleton paper dolls and have lots of fun too!
If so, I hope you share!

Hugs!
Hands and Heart signature

6 comments:

  1. Sooo gorgeous! She is fit for the dance! Thanks for sharing your fun! That butterfly doll is exquisite!!! You can do anything!!! I am going to write to some magazine gals and see if they can feature you!!!! Keep it up dear one. Hope you are well. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I had just happened across some skeleton graphics this will be perfect to do & I think it is easy enough for my young daughter too! Hope this is finding you well!
    Happy Fall Monica! ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! I love, love, LOVE this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the tutorial. Think I will try this one out! Thank you for shearing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you do and have added some to my pin interest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!