Friday, July 1, 2011

MIxed Media Book Marks, Embellishments, Tags and Art.

Recycling has made me realize how much 
material I was wasting, it`s amazing!  Wonderful opportunities
are now being discovered and I hope you are inspired with all 
this too!  Now I turned to cardboard packages, it`s becoming 
an obsession to identify this reusable stuff and I keep pushing 
my creativity out of my comfort zone and it`s challenging
 to change the mind about trash becoming art!  This will take
time to become part of our lives but I assure you , this feels good!


I am certain that you will have plenty of material to collect at home
and create many, many different cute embellishments for cards,
invitations, gifts, tags, and also art to be hanged, given and for your
art journals, altered books and even scrapbook pages! This will make 
exercise your creativity!


I used my collection of punches and die cuts to cut the 
packages, probably you want to sand them first on the paint 
side, you can also paint the whole cardboard first to save time 
or paint them later like I did so I can go as I feel!
Punches are a lot of fun and they can be easily found!

I can`t believe how many of them I made!  Soon I will have to 
give them away to friends! What I like is that what was left
of the boxes was reduced to very, very little waste!


You will have the shapes and also some stencils to use 
in your mixed media projects!
Here you can see I saved the sides of the boxes to make
my beautiful book marks which I really wanted one to use in 
a new book I `m reading now!


Beautiful flowers, I love how they look without paint, just 
like that is a beautiful color!




I had to find how to store them...



The best of this... it feels like I didn`t have to spend any money!
I am saving lots of money doing this! Lol!


They actually look great just with the sand step
but of course I love painting so I added guesso to
prepare them for it!


Here are the book marks on their make over!
Care free painting, playing and with nothing in mind but to 
enjoy the process of this!


I love my cropadile! After using a transparent laminated sheet to
protect them after finished and dried, I made the hole
to attach the ribbons...


Aren`t they lovely?  
Who would say this came from a box
that was meant to  be thrown away?


They all have a special quote on the back to get inspired!


This can be beautiful gifts!


Remember the toilet rolls?  Lately I`ve been covering them
with vintage music sheets, my favorite! This is an example of
using the die cuts to make mixed media paintings, grown ups 
and children will love this!




Some tags for my future presents, having them ready
can be handy!


This is a lot of fun!




Ready to give with some cookies! :D


To end, I am leaving you with the cutest flower
on the block! All this was made with the card boards 
shown at the beginning, I find it awesome! 




I will be adding more creative projects with the idea of recycling
so stay tuned for more!

I hope you are inspired to create ! :D
Hands and Heart signature






30 comments:

  1. Love seeing all your beautiful things! The bookmarks are gorgeous and love that Frida fabric doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the old expression, "waste not, want not" comes to mind...you make every good reason to save boxes and make art. I agree...some of these pieces look beautiful just as they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que inspiracion tan linda Monica.
    Te inmaginas, se despiertan tantas ideas. Me encantan todos esos marcadores de libros, las gamas de colores...
    Gracias por compartir este proyecto

    Maria Esperanza

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love all the inspiration you are sending us....it is sooo beautiful...i love this post....thank you soo much monica..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Monica, the bookmarks are so beautiful. Just love them. xo Conni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monica, what a wonderful idea you´ve had!! Beautiful bookmarks. Abrazos,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had just a tiny tiny bit of your ideas and creativity! I am glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Monica! I just watched your vlog tonight, and was delighted to get to know you and learn about your country of Mexico, which I've never visited! It's so nice to be able to see you and hear your voice...it gives me a much better idea of who you are and your lovely personality!

    I also love all of your creative ideas for repurposing and recycling cardboard! Too often we discard perfectly good materials because we just assume they have no further use...but this post proves that to be false! The bookmarks are my favorites...the stampings and alcohol inks are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thak you so much girls, I am so happy you enjoyed this! :D

    xoxox! Moni.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hearts Monica. Must do some. I'm following now. Thought I'd already done that long ago.

    Blessings, Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much inspiration Moni! Wonderful ideas and beautiful art - I love your art and mixed media - Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a fabulous idea, Monica! Thanks for sharing. I think I'll fish out some packaging from the recycle bin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Monica! Have been using the toilet roll idea to make tags for a Tag Tuesday challenge I joined. These are fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness Monica....these are just gorgeous! I was quite proud of myself for using packaging to cut templates..hey I can now improve on that. I'm rushing off to recycle crate to retrieve some of to-days throw outs.
    Thankyou for sharing.
    Kind Regards
    Judith from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that someone shared this on Pinterest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Qué lindo tu trabajo, Mónica. Tengo el sello del bebé, y lo voy a sacar para hacer unos trabajos manuales. Gracias por tu inspiración.

    Carmen Lucero

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous goodies! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW -all the things are so nice!!! I collect a lot of stuff, with the intentions to use it - but I do not use so much. You really inspire me to make some ! I think one of my True Intentiones in Life book 2013 will be recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh Monica tu blog y tus tutoriales son magníficos, gracias por compartir lo que bien sabes!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Monica, I am so glad you did your presentation in English since I do not speak Spanish. I am inspired and will try some of these ideas with my won twist. I too am an artist and deal with upscaling and altered art. I hate to send anything to the landfill if I can figure out something to make from it. You have given me some really good ideas. Thanks so much Judy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Monica, I am so glad you posted in English. I love what you have made using otherwise items that would have ended in a landfill. I am also a recycler, upcycler, and altered art creator. Thanks for the inspiration and I wish you much success. Judy (I am inspired!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love these ideas! We recycle so many things every week and I always look at the stuff wondering what I could be making with it instead of throwing it out...this is very inspiring! Thanks for this!

    Michelle from Made in Happy

    ReplyDelete
  23. So beautiful!!! Eu sempre aproveito retalhos de papel decorados com recortes, mas não havia pensado em fazer os recortes de quaisquer papeis para depois decorá-los!!! Muito bacana!!! Pena que aqui no Brasil os furadores são tão caros!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Todo me ha gustado mucho, felicidades!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hola, soy coleccionista de marcapaginas y los tuyos me encantan, habria alguna posibilidad de conseguir uno? maticaribe@hotmail.com muchas gracias.bss

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your ideas! Did you stamp
    the images on the gift tags?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did, you can use ink or acrylic paint but wash your stamps right away, sorry it took me a long time to reply! 😘

      Delete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!