Thursday, January 1, 2015

The triumph of life/ art journal inspirational class & happy new year!

Happy new year, I hope you enjoy my gift to you as we start this new 
cycle, there is so much I want to share with you, you the one who loves to learn
and takes in a good way, thank you for being part of my journey, I truly love you
and I am excited for all the beautiful ideas that are arising and will be shared 
with you, may you be blessed and happy all year long! 

Enjoy this first art journal class! I am planning to make it a regular on the blog!
Please let me know if you are enjoying it!


I have decided to share more of my art journal ideas, for now
I am really happy doing so, I hope you are too!

This time I woke up super early, 4 am and while in bed I started to
think about my art journals and how much I love them so I got up
to create a page!  Sounds familiar?  Well, this time I wanted to do
something different, I usually paint a lot for practice and decided to 
grab my cut outs and see what came out!

I picked two old book pages, I think these two were a gift and so
I simply pasted them in the center, added some gesso around the edges
and decided to use the idea of altered books were you cover what 
you don´t want and use your favorite words to create something new,
I simply use the words I like as I go when I read them and cover those 
I don´t with gesso, sometimes awesome poetry can be done this way!




Of course this morning was super messy!! I have boxes of cut outs ready to 
be used, sometimes I cut and don´t use so I throw them in there for a next time,
then I started to paste some of the images, I did´t really think about it, it just kind
of happened so I recommend you just paste as you find, other wise is harder!

When the mind starts to take over the heart, 
is usually a good way to frustration!



And this is what happened!  I love the new style I created!  An idea
that I will use over and over again of course and you can too! 





True happiness comes from the joy
 of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

My very first painting of this year, "The Hermit" 
Acrylics on paper & photoshop

                     

I'll stay in my own self and go everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!