Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 calendar cover

Hi sweets! I am glad some of you are going to 
make your own claendars as well, I think is a 
wonderful idea and also a lot of fun to make
and a great way to practice your art skills!

Yesterday afternoon  I started to make the cover of my 
calendar book, I`ve chosen to alter an old book with a hard
cover wich had fabric on the cover so it`s like a canvas!


I never know how it will turn out, I just keep adding and adding
layers of the things I like until I fell happy!


I just love collage, there is something about it that makes me happy!
This girls are to remind me to not take it so serious, sometimes I forget!





Regarding your questions about how I did the boxes,
in the previous page/post, here it is: 

After painting the background, I made two rubber stamps
to fit the size I needed, one larger than the other,
I`ve stamped first with the larger and  brown 
paint, then the smaller and white paint, all acrylics,
 the rubber stamp gives it that texture 
effect just by changing the position of the stamps!

I hope you enjoy creating yours! 

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Monica... I LOVE it...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great book Monica. Your picture above is striking! Just beautiful you are. Excellent work on the calendar cover. Happy New Year Monica. Enjoy it and have health, happinessand lots of love. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the lifebook class, sooo excited about next week! See you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Monica, et vraiment bravo On adore l'harmonie des couleurs dans ta créa c'est absolument sublime...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is always inspiring Monica.... HUGS ..Wishing you health and Happiness through the New Year, My Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monica, nice to meet you in Life Book. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!